Exciting opportunity for a Project Architect at Reid Brewin Architects, London!
Reid Brewin Architects is a multi-disciplinary practice comprising of digital savvy Architects, Masterplanners, Interior Architects, and Interior Designers, founded in Paris in 2006. With a diverse range of public and private projects from data centres and to CAT B fit out, we focus on creating lasting sustainable environments that, first and foremost, will enrich the lives and experiences of people and their communities.
We provide national and international services from our three studios in London (Paddington), Paris, and Milan.
Our London Studio is looking for a Project Architect to join their already-established, creative, and growing team due to an exciting and expanding workload.
The opportunity is ideal for a Project Architect with a proven track record of delivering high-quality work on multiple projects across multiple sectors who is looking to join a thriving practice with an exciting portfolio.
We want you to take ownership of the the overall project, reporting directly to the Project Director on project design and development – from concept to completion. The devil is in the detail, and we want to see it.
The position will be as an Architect, leading a “in house” team of architectural staff as well as an external design team comprised of sub-consultants for large, exciting commercial projects.
What can you expect?
This is a unique opportunity to work on and lead a range of exciting projects in an energetic, friendly, and dynamic architectural firm that is committed to taking care of the balance between work and life and fosters a collaborative environment.
A competitive salary (based on experience), various company benefits including flexible working hours, subsidised social activities including trips to visit our Paris team, 25 days holiday and pension contributions. In addition, Reid Brewin Architecture offers support and time to undertake professional qualifications and development studies as part of the practice are committed to professional development.
We were hoping you could bring your best, which is usually in the areas you are inspired by, so please let us know what makes you tick.
Your role at Reid Brewin Architects – what we want form you….
Developing the architectural design
• Oversee the briefing process.
• Record the brief in the form of a report, minutes, and room data sheets.
• Be in charge of developing Accommodation Strategies, Feasibility Studies, and Utilization and Area Forecasts.
• Examine and comment on project plans.
• Create deliverables schedules for all architectural teams and consultants.
• Obtain and appoint sub-consultants and surveys as needed.
• Prepare concept design proposals and develop the design using Revit Rhino Sketch up or other means that can be exported to.rvt.
• Brief and manage an architectural team in order to bring design proposals in a drawn format to life.
• Brief and manage visulations that translate yopur intent to the client and team and 2D sills / 3D animation of the project.
• Contribute to the Revit BIM model development.
• Create Stage Reports and any other project-specific reports.
• Be in charge of putting together the Planning Application Package.
• Chair, record, and minute taking Meetings of the Design Team and Coordination Meetings.
• Present architectural designs and reports at client project meetings.
• Ensure that the architectural team produces all necessary information for applications to all relevant statutory authorities.
• Coordinate and lead the Design Team.
• Develop and produce Data Sheets in collaboration with the client.
• Make certain that the design stays within the client’s budget.
Preparing detailed design and production information
• Provide guidance to the Project Technicians on the programming of deliverables.
• Help with the detailed design process and coordination of detailed design information.
• Collaborate with the contractor on Design & Build projects.
• Participate in Design Team Meetings (DTMs), coordination meetings, and workshops, as well as present detailed design proposals. Take minutes and prepare any necessary documentation.
• Examine the Acoustic and Fire reports and incorporate the recommendations into the detailed design package.
• Create construction specifications.
• Create drawings, plans, and documents for statutory approvals, such as building codes.
• Contribute to risk assessments at the design stage.
Construction on site
• Conduct site inspections and record the results.
• Attend DTMs and site meetings, take minutes, and prepare documentation.
• Using Revit, prepare and present construction drawings/details as required by the contractor.
• Respond to information requests from the contractor.
Please send your CV and work samples along with a covering letter outlining why you believe you would be the best candidate for the role to email@example.com.
Reid Brewin Architects is an employer that promotes equal opportunity.